Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know NPD sells a conversion with a hydraulic cylinder for $385. I'm sure it works great compared to stock mechanical setup. There are probably other vendors that sell it also.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I got mine from Ron Morris Performance, cost $250, awesome kit. Pedal feel is great, completely adjustable to your driving style, and I had mine installed in about an hour. Mine was in a '67 Cougar, so I don't know how easy the '66 kit will be, but I assume it wouldn't be much more difficult.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
On 2002-06-18 01:14, thecougarguy wrote:
I got mine from Ron Morris Performance, cost $250, awesome kit. Pedal feel is great, completely adjustable to your driving style, and I had mine installed in about an hour. Mine was in a '67 Cougar, so I don't know how easy the '66 kit will be, but I assume it wouldn't be much more difficult.
How is the ROn Morris kit in terms of clearnace around long tube headers?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Cougar guy, how does the end of your cable attach to the bellhousing? I have the Bruce Courture system and was wondering how the Morris cable works.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I used the conversion on this website: http://users.ev1.net/~gbuzek/
It works flawlessly and has light pedal feel. Much better than the old bellcrank linkage.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Thank you, but how does the cable attach to the bellhousing or does it? The Bruce courtour cable does not attach to the bellhousing, the nose of the cable just rides in the hole, I was wondering if the Morris cable did the same.

Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
The end of the pedal goes through the factory T5 bellhousing cable hole, and has a flange on it. The end of the actual cable has about 2-3 inches of thread on it, so it's pretty adjustable. As far as headers, I have hooker comps on my cougar, and it took a little work, and I definately had to deviate from the instructions. Basically instead of running the cable along the oil pan, I ran it down where the power steering hoses normally go (I had to re-route them because of the headers), and then the cable cuts over to the bellhousing. It's kind of a sharp turn, and it probably affects the performance of the clutch pedal a little, but it still performs really well. Some long tube headers apparently don't interfere. Regardless, if you call him up, he answers the phone and is very helpful, and if you leave a message, he actually calls you back!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts