Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any good body shops that would be able to help me installl my hood cowl? Its a steel Cowl going onto a steel hood so i preferably would like to have it welded on and i dont have the ability to do it.

With swapping the 390 to a 460, and some added upgrades to everything, my hood no longer closes so i had to go the cowl route which is fine because it looks awesome(my preference)

But im lookin for someone reliable if anybody knows anyone or any shops.
I live in Ontario California about 40minutes from L.A. if that helps for location

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
I live in Ontario California about 40 minutes from L.A. if that helps for location
Hey Mr. KF,
Can't help with a body shop, but I was raised in Ontario. Went to Chaffey High School.

When I was there, Los Angeles was an hour and a half away. To make it to LA in 40 minutes means that either you drive awfully fast, or LA has moved its city limits somewhat East of where they were when I lived out there.

JC

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It Depends what part of LA your tring to get to, im not talking Down Town LA haha

But to get ot the 605 it isn't to bad. Plus i live literally right off the freeway down here. So it is do-able in 40-45 minutes

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hey Mr. KF,
Can't help with a body shop, but I was raised in Ontario. Went to Chaffey High School.

When I was there, Los Angeles was an hour and a half away. To make it to LA in 40 minutes means that either you drive awfully fast, or LA has moved its city limits somewhat East of where they were when I lived out there.

JC
JC
Not everbody drives 45mph... HAHAHAHa

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
It Depends what part of LA your tring to get to, im not talking Down Town LA haha

But to get ot the 605 it isn't to bad. Plus i live literally right off the freeway down here. So it is do-able in 40-45 minutes
He's in Ontario which is in the LA area, Pomona, San Bernadino....

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
JC
Not everbody drives 45mph... HAHAHAHa
Hey Lester,
Not everybody is 73 years old either! :)

BUT, back in the late '50s, when I lived in Ontario, I was driving a 1959 Studebaker Hawk with a 402 CID Packard Engine with four two barrel carburetors, a Giovinanni Roller Tappet Cam, Pontamossion Four Speed Transmission, w/ a Laycock DeNormanville Overdrive, and a 4.55:1 Spicer Differential and Dunlop racing tires, with which I terrorized the whole area, eating Corvettes, T-Birds, Pontiacs, and Chevrolets.

I didn't ALWAYS drive 45 MPH! :)

JC

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HAHAHA Yea its Technically the SB area, but LA really isnt that far(errr LA County Borders)

LAGALAXIE? You dont have any body shop info?

OK OK, Iguess i will come clean i have maybe a few speeding tickets for 100+mph hahahaha
But only in the grapevine pass out towards six flags =)

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Seems you aren't getting your question answered.
Check with some of the local Hot Rod boys and see what they can tell you.
Heck since you are in LA give J.Leno a call. He would probably be more than glad to give a local car lover advice.
When I was 14 and learning to do auto trim I gave Tony Nancy a call and he was more than happy to give me information where to purchase certain items and even gave me his friends number to call who published Auto Trim News.
Got a subscription and now 54 years later I'm retired.
What a ride. Don't know if I could take it again.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try G&J on E. Walnut in Pasadena.

I just moved to Pasadena and am having a hard time finding body shops that will even consider a classic car. The answers I always get are - "we make more money on new cars because of Insurance," or "the time involved doesn't pay off with classics" Wow, I thought this was hot rod Mecca, but not so sure anymore.

Note: I never used them yet, but was referred to G&J by the guys at Blair's Speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had my 67 Shelby GT500 (clone) painted and fiberglass work done at McMillans Autobody, 9110 Artesia Blvd, Bellflower. The owner is ****ie McMillan and has been there for 25plus years. Quality work and does lots of custom cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks For the Replies, I found a shop in Whittier, they do everything and when the shop owner saw my car, he wanted to do as much work on it as he can and has given me great prices since he will be doing quite a bit of work for my Gal
The Shop was recommended by my step fathers boss who has two mustangs a 67/69, he does all his work

Engines, Trans, Suspension, Exhaust, and Body, If anybody wants to know the information i will Send it to you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts