Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance of starting a new section under Topic Specific Forums?

It seems there is a plethora of DELCO-MORON disc brake upgrades here lately. They should be separate so I don't keep clicking on them. I am afraid that my browser may catch a virus... :frown:

KULTULZ- Cringes when he even sees stove-bolt style tag mounting hardware... :eek:

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Think the only one that can do that are the owners of the forum. If there has been that many it might be a good idea.
And call it what? Delco type upgrades, Delco Moraine, just plain Brake Upgrades.....

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And call it what? Delco type upgrades, Delco Moraine, just plain Brake Upgrades.....
No... DELCO MORON... So as to differentiate it from FORD disc conversions. You know, to give the thread viewer a warning before possibly contracting :eek: CHEVY COOTIES :eek:

:bicker:...damn... There goes one now. UP SHIELDS!

·
Registered
690 Posts
LOL He said Modulators..... LOL

I have an X-19 Earth Modulator, and I'd appreciate it if you'd remove your rocket from my path of fire Mr. Duck Dodgers!
"Earth? I'm going to blow it up. It obstructs my view of Venus."

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
I have to confess that the couple i go to car shows with are gm owners. I tell them i keep following them around because their car is such a bright yellow i think it's the sun. They are great people and i can't seem to find any Ford owners around here that are also fun to be around and even gets out much. So we rib each other about opposing makes of automobile and have a great time going to shows! :) Plus they only live bout a mile away. Gotta hit the thrift store or somewhere for a red hat to wear for the red hat festival and parade in Orting saturday, so far everyone has said they had a blast there last year. No, i'm not entering the beard and hat contest nor am i potty chair racing! But am curious just what that is exactly. lol

Maybe next year there will be a Ford owner that has a personality and enjoys getting out with their car during the summer. The one that i did meet up with sometimes and the very first one i met here when i moved to WA is moving to AZ here soon. He's supposed to call me, i'm curious if he got his Fairlane vert sold yet or not or what is going on.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to confess that the couple i go to car shows with are gm owners. I tell them i keep following them around because their car is such a bright yellow i think it's the sun. They are great people and i can't seem to find any Ford owners around here that are also fun to be around and even gets out much.
What in the world does this have to do with the subject at hand, that being the continual destruction of this site?

I have a few GM friends and even have a friend that has mongrelized what was once a beautiful 57 CUSTOM 300.

The subject being discussed is will this continue being a FORD related forum or a J.C. Whitney CHI-COM shiny parts that may or may not fit forum? I can see a general lack of concern. Maybe this is why the board was abandoned?

It is deceiving to advertise this board as FORD when most of the subject matter is not FORD related. Why not just modify the name and try to compete with HOTRODDERS.com?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Because Shotrod understands if you alienate everyone by trolling, calling them idiots, and having unproductive discussion, eventually people will move on and leave this board, making it a shell of what it once was.

Like most of them already have. If you want a reason for this board going downhill, this thread is a prime one.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
Kool Tools, the ONLY reason you've not been explained is becasue this is a Commercial Site now. It is NO longer the FM owned by Chirag and John and old what's his name that it used to be.

It's simply a commercial enterprise and the owners could give a schitt less abotu what goes on here.

FatNfast and Shotrod are the only folk that moderate worth a damn anymore because the others have moved on with their lives and have more important things to do.

That's the purest and simplest answer.

The new owners likely assume that well enough is well enough and think it don't need change....

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The subject being discussed is will this continue being a FORD related forum or a J.C. Whitney CHI-COM shiny parts that may or may not fit forum? I can see a general lack of concern. Maybe this is why the board was abandoned?

It is deceiving to advertise this board as FORD when most of the subject matter is not FORD related. Why not just modify the name and try to compete with HOTRODDERS.com?
Kool Tools, the ONLY reason you've not been explained is becasue this is a Commercial Site now. It is NO longer the FM owned by Chirag and John and old what's his name that it used to be.

It's simply a commercial enterprise and the owners could give a schitt less abotu what goes on here.

FatNfast and Shotrod are the only folk that moderate worth a damn anymore because the others have moved on with their lives and have more important things to do.

That's the purest and simplest answer.

The new owners likely assume that well enough is well enough and think it don't need change....
I never expected a comprehensible answer sparkles. That was my assumption.

The name of the board is a misnomer and many will waste their time here seeking info that cannot be provided.

The last post was merely questioning why one posted stating that she has mostly GM friends. What was the point?

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
I haven't seen the plethora of moron brakes other than one person saying he was puting them on his galaxie vs the ford disc brake conversion but then i also don't go much further than the galaxie and garage sections of the forum. To me the brakes aren't that big of a deal but i sure don't want to see them putting a 350 in one of them, there's enough of that out there already. Isn't the one wire alternator conversion also not Ford? We can't, or at least i can't, pick someone apart for using gm brakes, alternators, ignition and whatever else there is out there of the small stuff on their Fords. Does nothing for anyone to sweat the small stuff. I'm sure there are GM fans that think the world has ended when someone puts a 460 or something in a GM car as we do a 350 in a Ford. To me it then becomes a Non-Ford. Not sure what it would be called, lots of names come to mind though!! lol So, if they want covette disc brakes it's their choice, doesn't mean it's still not 99.9% Ford. But that's my personal opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Imagine that if they blocked all threads about 9" diff conversions on a Chevy forum.
There would be no forum. :)

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Imagine that if they blocked all threads about 9" diff conversions on a Chevy forum.
There would be no forum. :)
That's for sure, they don't have any problems with using that ford part in their cars!! lol

1 - 20 of 58 Posts