Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i run my Hr cam 236-242-555-576-108 with lets say AFR205s heads on my 402w? or is that cam not big enough, i never really see .600 lift anyway unless i race it, most of my driving is under .500 lift from 2500 to 5000 rpms, my motor is apart and i was just wondering if this cam would work, not saying im using these heads but something that flows good down low between .300 and .500 lift. any ideas?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I'll bite the bullet and say that you have a pretty good street cam for a 402 and the 205's will be a decent match for it. You will have tons of torque and a mild idle tone.

Are you planning on strictly street or street strip?

What intake manifold, exhaust, carb, tranny and gears are you planning on running?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vic jr manifold, Bigs 750HP, 1\3\4 headers, 10'' converter with full manual c-4, 3.89 posi rear. street car but i have it set up in case i do take it to the track, mallory eletric fuel pump etc.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I use those cam specs but at 110 with the 185's and an rpm intake. Mine runs very good on the street. The rest of your set up sounds drag oriented, 10" & full manuel.
I think you will be happy.
You should really consider a custom spec'd cam if you dont have that cam yet. I regret not going that route

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i got carried away last yr with all this stuff, i have a currie rear true-trac with 31 spline axles, mono leaf springs, caltracs, rancho shocks, sub frames, x-pipe, 2 chamber flows, this thing idles like a race car, only thing i dont like is i didnt get over 500 hp on this motor, im close and dont get me wrong this car flat out moves with all this stuff but you know how it goes, more power.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
strokerman, that is almost the identical spec cam motion gave me for my 414w with 205's. I'd say run it. I'm running a 236-242 with 110 LS and .616 lift with 205's and 3.89 posi. The car sounds really good, but cams just a little much for the street. I like it though.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i think my cam is good but the 108 isnt the best but its not going to be too bad i dont think, this thing with bigger flowing heads should put me over 500 hp street car, or i can get a custom Hr cam speced to the heads. thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Strokerman, are you running those lifters that go click click
at lower rpm? Bruce

1 - 12 of 12 Posts