Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions on what cam to use. I have a 514 crate that is in a 1973 bronco. Yes, a bronco. I use it for an all around 4 wheeling thrashing machine. Anything from mud bogs, sand drags, trail bashing, rock bashing (not crawling, well maybe a little crawling), and occasionnaly street driven. 40" tires, C6 full manual, 3000 stall, 5.13 gears, and weighs about 4,500 lbs.

Now I want to make it more low end friendly with more 'control' and not an all out HI-rpm machine. I plan on changing the intake to a RPM performer or a weiand. Can you recommend a cam for me? Any other suggestions, comments are welcome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, I would to use a solid roller so I could keep my valvetrain relatively the same so I can keep costs as low as possible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would try Cam Research. www.camresearchcorp.com (303)762-0022. I had a cam ground from them for my circle track car and they really know their stuff!!! I'd give them a call and tell them what you have ezactly and what you want and they will no doubt be able to hook you up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts