Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to put my old 351w in my 65 falcon. it was in my bronco. it was running fine when i pulled it. so i am gonna just bottle hone, re-ring and new bearings. it has srp flat tops 2.02 trickflow heads and edel rpm intake. how big of a cam can those heads handle before they become a cork. i am doing this super cheap so it will be a flat tappet either solid or hyd.
thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks tony. have these heads become outdated. never hear anyone talking about them on this forum.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
What are you going to do about headers? I hope you know that the 64-65 falcon engine bay is smaller than a mustang of that year. I've had to change spark plugs on my dad's '64 convertible (now it's my brother's). Trust me it's smaller.

I think the tfs tw heads are still one of the best for the price. Buddy just put 459 hp to the tire with them out of the box with a s trim vortech. Seen video of another drag radial stang run low 10's with unported tw heads and a good valve job. They may not be the best. However, I think they're still darn good.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Aside from fitment issues the TF head is great. Better ported (aren't they all!).
Cam the engine based on compression, gear, tire size, carb size, header size, intake, rpm intended, head characteristics, car weight, and converter.
With all that info, then you can determine the right cam.
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts