Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The block number is C5AE-6015E
also found a build date I think it is as follows 7E8

·
Registered
7 Posts
Definetly 1965, C = 1960's,D = 1970's,etc...second digit being the year C5*#@*= 65..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Henry Micallef on 1/31/02 6:24pm ]</font>

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!!! Now I was hopng for bout 300 to 350 horse out of it.I am going to put flat top pistons forged in it.What would be a good set of heads and itake to run and cam i like to go solid lift.It is going to be a 4 speed car.Any more info would be helpful

·
Registered
739 Posts
Here is a start-
AFR 165s would support 350 horses just fine. Cam choices are pretty broad and quite subjective, but for 1.2 hp per cubic inch you are going to want something with at least .550" of lift (maybe more) and at least 280* of advertised duration (around 230* at .050&quot
. Comp cams' XE274 is right in there. Of course you will need decent compression, 10:1 or more. Check out the 400 hp 302 built on this site for project 11.99. Lots more cam than suggested, but hey you want 350hp and not 400. I don't have a suggestion on the intake.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
1965Falcon are you using the xellerator intake and have you compared it with any others on your motor?I have one on my engine but it came with it and I have often wondered how it compares with some of the newer stuff out there.I figure it must be a good design because they've kept it around for so long.Its currently being sold by Holley as a Team G manifold.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bout the victor jr. intake or the performer rpm air gap.How hard would it be to convert the 65 mustang to a T-5 tranny what is needed and what flywheel and clutch is needed?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Frdnut,

I almost bought the x-cellerator but since I'm running an automatic I opted for a dual plane. When I was researching manifolds the description of the x-cellerator seems to fit this application.

Compared to most single planes it seems to be tuned for a little bit of a broader rpm range that would be good for a 350hp street/strip car with a manual.

Seems like someone here should be running/or has run one. I'm just going by what I've heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts