Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a 66mustang, with a T5, holley 650DP, and Air-gap intake. I have 4.11s in the garage, windsor Jr. heads (MILD port and polish), a .488 .488 lift Hyd. cam. Otherwise stock 289. Can anyone put an estimate on my hp and 1/4 before and after? also i chose the .488 lift because i dont want to change pistons right now. Would a .512 lift fit? thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT .512 LIFT BUT I AM RUNNING A 289 BORED .40 OVER WITH WORLD WINDSOR JR HEADS AND COMPCAM 270H WITH .500 LIFT AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS. MY PISTONS ARE FLAT TOPS DISHED WITH VALVE RELIEFS.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I would think that should run low 14 or high 13. The only major difference between your stuff and mine is the cam(intake) and I'm running mid 12.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you can get traction and you have a good tune (there is a lot to a good tune, I would do it on a dyno), you should run 12's no problem.

Check out my car, I run high 12's at 109 with a 2.08 60 ft. Your setup is very similar.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
66 coupe, your set up it is similar to mine, how do you like the Vintage 45, I love mine. Can you tell me about that AIS ram air system you mentioned in the your cars section.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
66 coupe, your set up it is similar to mine, how do you like the Vintage 45, I love mine. Can you tell me about that AIS ram air system you mentioned in the your cars section.

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nastystang,

The ramair system is the same as the one on project 11.99. Check the archives. I did not test it before and after, but I have to believe it is good for 2-5 mph. It just makes sense.

With your car running and fully warm, open the hood and measure the temperature of the air at the aircleaner. Mine was 150 degrees.

I read that each 10 degrees is worth 1% in horsepower, and that is not counting any ram air effect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts