Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take some of the sloppiness and roll out of my suspension. I see a kit from PME (sp?) and maybe one from Hotchkiss for twice the money. These included from and rear sway bars, shocks, pan hard bars, and some links and springs. Should I buy parts as I need them , or should I just buy a complete kit, and if so who's kit should I buy? Thanks.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
422 Posts
If you have the money,buy it all together.If you buy them separate it will cost you more. But you may not want all the up grades.If you buy the whole kit ,it was designed to work together.Food for thought. Roger

·
Registered
137 Posts
well i have a custom 500 62b and i have a blown 545 it rolls in the corner like a boat, summit sells a nice 1.125 front sway bar very reasonable, I also installed after market rear afco coil overs and a anti roll bar from jegs performance, and up front is a set of Monroe coil over load handlers, and the car does well now not perfect but BIG improvement ,now my car is a big tire car and is not driven every day but when i take her out it runs and drives nice now

·
Registered
79 Posts
I recently installed a set of Quickor Engineering front and rear sway bars on my 63 1/2 and the difference was HUGE! One of the ways into our place has some twisty turnys so is very popular with the sport bike crowd. Recently coming home a couple of them rolled in behind me just for the fun part of the road so I ratcheted it up a couple of notches. Instead of passing me as they had been indicating they dropped in behind me as we went thru the fun stuff. As I signaled for my turn off the main road they honked and gave me a thumbs up as they went by! To be fair in addition to the swaybars I had just completely rebuilt the front end and had eliminated the offset lower A frame bolts with the straight bolt conversion as well as new coil springs, shocks and Wilwood discs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts