Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm wanting to swap a T5 into a '68 Mustang equipped with a 302 and a C4. I've got the T5 and a Lakewood T5 bellhousing and a mid '60's 157 tooth 28oz flywheel.

I've also got a Ron Morris clutch cable kit that I want to use.

Is it possible to use the early flywheel with the Lakewood T5 bellhousing? I've seen where companies do make diaphragm clutch kits that will fit the early flywheel.

My concern is whether the dimensions of the early flywheel and pressure plate are going to work with a late model T5 fork using the clutch cable kit.

I've read where a lot of people say to get a late model 50oz. flywheel and have it rebalanced to 28oz. Well, I've already got the early flywheel, and I'd kind of like to use a clutch cable. What kind of clutch and throwout bearing will I need to get this to work?

Also, do you think I'll need to get an adjustable pivot ball? If so what size do you think would work?

Thanks!

Randall

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
It will work fine. You can also have a good machine shop drill and tap the early flywheel to accept a latemodel diaphragm clutch pressure plate.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
On 2004-07-11 10:56, 67stang wrote:
It will work fine. You can also have a good machine shop drill and tap the early flywheel to accept a latemodel diaphragm clutch pressure plate.
you dont even need to do that. centerforce has a diaphram clutch pressure plate that bolts directly in place of the stock long style pressure plate, thus NO mods to the flywheel are needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts