Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can I keep my 64 Z-Bar clutch link for 5.0/T5 or do I have to convert to cable?

Can anyone please let me know if I can keep my 1964 Z-Bar clutch link setup for 5.0/T5?

Do I have to convert to cable?

Thank you,

Waid

·
Premium Member
958 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am little bit confused.

The Mustang 5.0 / T5 is a pull type clutch system. Pressing the clutch pedal pull the long clutch fork.

The original falcon uses a push type system. Pressing the cluch pedal pushes on the short clutch fork.

How does the falcon z-bar / clutch linkage works with a T5?

Thanks

Waid

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

The Mustang 5.0 / T5 is a pull type clutch system. Pressing the clutch pedal pull the long clutch fork.

The original falcon uses a push type system. Pressing the cluch pedal pushes on the short clutch fork.

Thanks

Waid
You are correct in the assessment, it all depends on the end that its pivoted on. Thats the reason you add a pivot point in the bell... it will be on the left side of bell (looking from trans end) the cable operated one pivot from the right side of bell...

·
Registered
4 Posts
tried about 10 different way for clutch actuation with linkage.. always not very good . i put in a McCloud hyd. throw-out bearing kit & it works great. you can buy it in different configurations , uses an 5/8 clutch slave( mazda p/u truck $2.00 pick-a-part) Have had it in my 1964 Falcon sedan delivery for 8 years.. hope this helps P.S. NO ADJUSTMENTS ARE NEEDED... Turbodan

·
Registered
465 Posts

Thanks

Waid
You either need the T5 to stock bell adapter with the stock pivot and TOA, Or you need to add the TOA pivot with spacer block to the T5 bell and a stock TOA. Would then work.
R

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.