Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i reading on demon carbs and on jegs it said that the speed demon is for engines producing up to 500 horsepower i am building a 428 stroker that will hopefully push some where around 600 the only demon carb that will support that without going over my budget is the race demon and thats chokeless and i dont know if i can run that on the street let me know thanks a lot

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Most any carb can be run on the street, but fuel mileage suffers more so with a racing style carb. Might not be any ports for the PCV, you might have to locate or fabricate a plate to mount between the carb and manifold.

The biggest problem you will have is cold starts and drivability until the engine warms up since you won't have a choke. You could get one of the a/c fast idle solenoids and mount it with a toggle switch. This would idle the engine up while cold and once warm turn off the solenoid returning the engine to normal idle.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Any carb/engine combo can be run on the street. It just depends on how deep your wallet is, and how much BS you can put up with, as far as driveability concerns/issues. I'm thinking that a 600HP car on the street is going to have more ISSUES, than worrying about carb interaction?
Gearing/tires/handling/suspension/fuel mileage/fuel type/etc. etc. etc.
Just the 'supporting hardware' for a 600hp engine is going to be the problem.

Hell, I'd drive my 610HP stang on the street, if they'd let me. And, worrying about whether or not my Biggs prepared 950 HP is 'streetable enough' would be the absolute LEAST of my concerns!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you really mean street, I wouldn't go with a Demon. I tried a Road and then a Street Demon and both had VERY rich idles. press in bleeds wouldn't even correct the problem. I'm happily back with my Holley....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Growlin.......I can help ya set up a BIGS Holley carb for that 600HP application if ya still need one........Jesse @ BIGS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts