Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a search on swapping a C-6 into an FE powered 64' and came up with zilch. Anybody have a link or a description on what it took to do the swap? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well Gb, I've done it in mine, granted it's a 1975 C-6 mated to a 460, if that makes a diff but there will be clearance issues between the tranny ribs on the top and the trans tunnel. We used Crites motor mounts but reconfigured the old Cruise o' matic x-member to work by adding to the frame mounts about 1' of steel. Looks pro, but since my body/ frame weren't perfect at all, the whole front of the car is or was out of whack. I have 2 hockey pucks under the rad cradle between it and the frame and it narrows as you go back. Everything should be ok, but keep in mind the clearance and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
On 2006-07-19 07:38, gbeeler wrote:
I just did a search on swapping a C-6 into an FE powered 64' and came up with zilch. Anybody have a link or a description on what it took to do the swap? Thanks in advance.
Back when you started on this project, I thought I remember a number of people offering advice on this subject? Cruiso vs. C-6?

I could be wrong, often am.

Oh... Try Crites. they have all that kind of stuff and info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 7/20/06 1:08am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
You need a flex plate, starter and FE C-6. Move the trans crossmember back about 3". You don't need Crites mounts just weld some angle iron on to extend the frame mounts. Or do what I did and section the crossmember and just move the center of it back. The drive shaft is the right size but you need a C-6 yoke. Front parking brake cable will strech that far and you will need to shorten the rear ones. Speedo cable will almost reach. I had a new one made at the speedo shop 3" longer. Shift linkage is up to you. Cooler lines can be bent to fit or you can make new ones.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beowolf: yes I thought I started a post but it must be too old. I couldn't find it in a search and can't find my hard copy.

63ford406: Thanks for the info. I have an electronic speedo so that shouldn't be a problem. I am printing out your info. and putting in a safe place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gbeeler on 7/20/06 2:22am ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts