Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guyz...

well i guess i have a little story to tell then i need advice..

this last weekend my roommate and i went down to our hometown (alamosa colorad) to help move our friend derrick up here. so we take the caprice down there, we go load up the little tow behind uhaul. this is friday. well we finally finished loading the uhaul and it was only 5pm.. so we had the rest of the night to kick around. well we unhooked the uhaul and then decided to go chill.. we came to the ski hi parking lot (the town swimming pool) and its got a huuuge dirt parking lot. they hold the rodeo there.. the fair there.. the stampeded there.. yeah.. anyway.. you can prolly figured out what happened. started flipping doughnuts... lets just say that a 96 chevy caprice ex squad car will REAAAALLY throw... steven and i were taking turns with the cars... he had his 00 v6 stang. well we stopped and we got out to look at the damage and 2 cops fly up on us and needless to say we got tickets. 55dollar fine and 4 points.
the problem is.. i DONT have 4 points.. i have 10 (unless somehow magically they disappeared) NOW.. the even bigger problem is!! i drive for a living. some people are telling me to contest it.. chilly recommended that i ask for increased fine and no points...
CAN YOU ALL PLLLLEEEEEEEZE give me more advice.. and in detail if possible.. i hate one liners

thank you very much
jason

·
Registered
522 Posts
Take this to court, most municipalities will be more than happy to have you pay MORE money to be put on "court supervision" for six months. This will eliminate any points from your license. Just be prepared to pay MORE than the normal fine. Like 2-3X MORE. And don't wait til the day you are scheduled to appear in court to discuss this with the city prosecutor. Call them now to make arrangements, this can even forego a court appearance and extra costs for you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if i decided to pay more.. would i just say to the .. whoever... would i say "your honor is there a way i can pay more fine and receive less points"??? and if i called the town (since its 5.5hrs away) who? where? would i call and who should i ask to speak to??
thank you

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have something you can use!!! It's some really awesome stuff called Prepaid Leagal. They can help you deal with that ticket, and you won't even have to show up to court unless you want to. It's only 35 bucks a month and it covers a LOT of stuff. Send me an email if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
You might want to go to the county assesor's office and find out who actually owns the lot. If for some reason it is private property than the police cannot touch you. What exactly did they get you for?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get yourself a lawyer. Tell him all the details and he'll take care of everything. All you got to do is shave, put on a tie and show up to court. It'll cost you about $750, but definately worth it in the long run. He'll make a deal with the prosecuter before hand, and you probably won't even have to say anything to the judge, just look sad and innocent. You won't get off scot-free, but lawyers are great negotiators and you have a much better chance if you have one. Just call a lawyer and don't sweat it, as long as you can afford his fee.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
The court is 5.5hrs away from where he lives... It would be worth a phone call to see if the points could be dropped somehow.

In our area, there is a one day 'traffic school' that can be taken in lieu of points. You still pay the regular fine, but don't get the points. I don't know what our state would do with out of state tickets. Some states transfer points back to the offenders home state, some do not. I got a ticket from a small town city police in Ohio a few years ago, and the points never came back. If it was a state agency, they probably would have.

I would CALL the number on the ticket and explain the situation with them. Chances are, they will try and help you out.

Call first, if that won't work, THEN look into some outside assistance.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guyz.... this week is going terribly for me
everything just seems to be going horribly wrong. i have pretty much convinced myself that i am gonna start looking for another job. i'm still going to try to get the points off my license, so we will see if something will go right at least once this week. again thanks

jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts