Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could small jets cause a motor to not pullin hard in the upper RPM.....or would a jet change just be notice a litte on a timeslip

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've had them where 1 or 2 numbers made all the difference in the world. So I'd say yes, small changes can definitely affect top end pull and rpm.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Generally speaking, without using any sort of standard and accurate measuring device, you are unlikely to "feel" seat of the pants a change of one jet size in the secondaries at wide open throttle/

It is possible however that if you are on the border of a lean condition and detonating, for instance, a one jet change could make a difference. You'd be more likely to notice a jet change in the primaries, driving at part throttle.

In the next issue (later this week) you will see an article on carb tuning using a wide band 02 sensor (see Innovate ads on the right). With this device you can see the impact one jet change has one Air/Fuel ratio and acceleration.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is it laying down in high gear at the track? Probably fuel delivery problem under load, usual culprit is a stock, or near-stock fuel system.

Doubtful that one jet size would be noticable in anything but a dangerously lean condition; Holley recommends stepping up in 2 or 4-size increments until the engine slows down. There is a lot of good info in their catalog, and several good books.

BOB

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after it gets to 6k......it jus stops pulling like it does under 6 and i know that cam makes power past 6k.........i was just thinking there wasnt enough fuel gettin threw because of the jets being to small....but i had a stock pump on it b4 and i jus put a holley blue on soo this weekend ill see what happens

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fender2k5 on 6/22/06 3:04am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts