Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer installed option (Ford Part). Window controller and idiot lights in a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Convert. The box is the problem...not the relays. Any recommendations on finding this part and or someone who can fix it appreciated. In N CA.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I would say yes it can be repaired, but I was an electronics technician. If you know how to trouble shoot circuits and components. I'm sure someone in your area still can. Do all the motors work? Yellow Pages.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
If the windows are not working, I'd start with cleaning the contacts on the switches with some good contact cleaner. I had to do this on my '67 with power windows (my switches are in the doors), but I also had to replace both the motors in the front doors and clean and lube the tracks. Pass side would go up and down sometimes even after cleaning, replaced motor and it works fine now. I think there is only one breaker/relay for the whole system. My rear windows have never worked, I need to pull the rear panels and check the wiring, but I'm sure I'll be replacing the motors there as well. They are only about $30 each and I got the last one at a local parts store.

All that box likely contains are the PW switches, bulbs for the indicators and maybe a relay for the low fuel circuit and a lot of wiring, nothing that complicated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts