Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This fan was in my car when I bought it. I installed a vintage air in the car and it seems to be running a bit warmer than I feel comfortable with. It's 16 inches in dia. about 4 1/2 inches deep.The label on it has a arrow pointing in the opposite direction that the air is flowing when the fan is running.When I turn the fan on it doesn't seem to flow that much air. I was thinking that it's a pusher fan.I know it will run warmer with the air on,but I have not been impressed with the cooling of the fan even without the air.It has a high flow water pump,high flow thermostat,over sized aluminum radiator. I have no ideal what the cfm rating is on the fan.I hade a setup very close to this setup in my Mustang and never saw the temp go over 195 even on the hottest day stuck in grid lock in a car cruise.If any one of you guys can identify this fan and tell me what the cfm is it would greatly appreciated.Roger
IMG_20200628_203114.jpg
IMG_20200628_203114.jpg
IMG_20200628_203127.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
well hmmmmmm It appears to be a hayden 1500 cfm something you would buy at AutoZone for 50.00 ,,, first you need a shroud and then you need a GOOD fan like the taurus or a dual set out of a v6 ford escape

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your right. The fan in my Mustang was rated at 2500 or 2600 cfm.It moved alot more air than this peace of junk. I plan on looking at the fans you mentioned.If the dual fan will fit ,it's the way I will go. Thanks for your input. Roger

·
Registered
128 Posts
I run a stock Taurus fan and shroud on my blown big tire car it move a butt load of air I also had a dual fan and shroud from a v6 ford escape and I ran that I'm a garage at a place I owned years ago just a fan it moves air also I came across these as a prototype tech for ford a 100 years ago (lol) when I was working for ford

1 - 4 of 4 Posts