Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the Canton Oil products site is? I've been searching for a week and haven't found it yet. I am hoping to put a 351C into my 67 fastback, while using a custom subframe crossmember from Barrett Chassis and need something that'll clear that crossmember. My understanding is that Canton makes this oil pan, basically a rear sump pan, with a notched center like for a FOX chassis, but I can't contact them. If anyone has this pan, or can direct me to their site, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I take it the Milodon # 31127 wouldn't work for you? We just installed 1 in a 67 , the cutout was 2 1/4 " , lots of clearance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I could have sworn I tried that web address, but apparently not. Alta Vista couldn't decode Canton either. Whatever. Thanks again...as far as the Milodon pan's concerned, I was not aware that they made one for a Cleveland. The car is still in the bare to the bones status, so I am a long ways off from actually fitting the stuff into what used to be an engine compartment. I am expecting the engine back from the machine shop though, and I kind of wanted to seal it up with the right pan, the FIRST time!! What is this pan supposed to fit???? 351C into a FOX chassis?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The link in the post works for me.
Talk to them about their road race pan. Some of the knowledgable FE builders swear by it for a hot street FE. Good ground clearance, extra oil capacity and good oil control to keep oil at the pickup.
Too much steering linkage in the way to put a rear sump pan into a 67 Mustang.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice...but there won't be any steering linkage in the way on my 67. I'm converting it all to Barrett Chassis stuff, with a front mount rack. No more wobbly FORD crap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts