Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Canton Oil products site is? I've been searching for a week and haven't found it yet. I am hoping to put a 351C into my 67 fastback, while using a custom subframe crossmember from Barrett Chassis and need something that'll clear that crossmember. My understanding is that Canton makes this oil pan, basically a rear sump pan, with a notched center like for a FOX chassis, but I can't contact them. If anyone has this pan, or can direct me to their site, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/

When you call them, ask for Chris. He's the best guy there, and he'll take care of you.

You can also bu them from Holcomb Motorsports, Mustangs Plus, and your local speed shop.

BTW, their website comes up just by typing "canton racing" in the address bar.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I take it the Milodon # 31127 wouldn't work for you? We just installed 1 in a 67 , the cutout was 2 1/4 " , lots of clearance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I could have sworn I tried that web address, but apparently not. Alta Vista couldn't decode Canton either. Whatever. Thanks again...as far as the Milodon pan's concerned, I was not aware that they made one for a Cleveland. The car is still in the bare to the bones status, so I am a long ways off from actually fitting the stuff into what used to be an engine compartment. I am expecting the engine back from the machine shop though, and I kind of wanted to seal it up with the right pan, the FIRST time!! What is this pan supposed to fit???? 351C into a FOX chassis?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The link in the post works for me.
Talk to them about their road race pan. Some of the knowledgable FE builders swear by it for a hot street FE. Good ground clearance, extra oil capacity and good oil control to keep oil at the pickup.
Too much steering linkage in the way to put a rear sump pan into a 67 Mustang.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice...but there won't be any steering linkage in the way on my 67. I'm converting it all to Barrett Chassis stuff, with a front mount rack. No more wobbly FORD crap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts