Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im at the point where the 2pc galaxie carpet i bought from Macs is going ini removed the console then the console frame.My thinikg is install carpet front push a hot awl or ice pick thru the carpet from underneath to make finding holes easier make cuts for shifter and install console frame then console.Should i use glue?The back is gonna be tougher they got these seat belt anchors screwed in and there a bitch to loosen.Any Ideas .Thanks Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
The back is gonna be tougher they got these seat belt anchors screwed in and there a bitch to loosen.Any Ideas .Thanks Mike
Are you referring to the ones with eyelet through them? I got mine off with a big screw driver and a mallet. When I cut the carpet for them I had them in. The base of the anchor has a flat surface that I didn't want above the carpet. A carefully placed slit and you've got only the eyelet exposed above the carpet.

Concerning the console, take your time. I had the frame in and out probably 5 times while doing the work, but in the end it looks great.

Measure thrice, cut once :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts