Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about pictures of you car when it was a project, or a picture of you as a kid next to your dads car that he later handed down to you. In other words the picture and a story, not just specs. I think that for a lot of us there is probably more sentimental value in our cars and monetary. So what your car and what it's story? I think more than a few guys would have stories to tell. I would start it myself but I can't post the picture myself. I can tell you the story though. I will have to sit down and write it though. It is pretty long, but explains the reason that my car isn't just a car to me. So how about it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto on 5/17/02 7:44am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Otto, if you send me a picture of your car, I will put it on my site and then post it after your story, or I could send the url of it and you could post it with your story, u to you.

Rick

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, and thanks. I'll take and scan a picture this weekend. Here is an interesting thing I found out about my car just today. My car has been in LA most, if not all, of its life. I was interested where the dealership that it was bought from was at because it still has the original dealer lisence plate frame. Today I came out the shop on my morning break and was talking to someone when I looked at the building across the street and noticed some letters faded into the paint of the building. The building I was looking at used to be the dealership where my car was bought from. For over to years I have been at that shop and I never noticed it until now. Funny thing, huh? If anything just the story of your car would be nice. I like to know the story to people passions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto on 5/18/02 4:59am ]</font>

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come to think of it the story of my car itself isn’t long, just the reasons I like it so much. The story of my car is fairly short though. Even before I knew what my car was I knew I wanted one. I had seen it in several movies and decided that is what I wanted. After a failed attempt, law suit, large debt, long trips I found the car I wanted under my nose. I was just cruising by one day and happened to glance over to the side and saw the nose of the car sticking out. I told the person driving the car and they suggested that we turn around and go look at it. I wasn’t going to argue with that. Turns out it was the car I wanted. I squeezed every possible cent I could out of my wallet and account and got it. After paying off my debt, saying goodbye to a girlfriend(not because of the car) and saving up I started seriously working on my car last August, almost a year after I bought it. I don’t go out, I haven’t spent more then about 20 dollars going out(except for some magazines I bought) unless it goes towards my car, and my friends understand not to invite me anywhere unless I don’t have to spend much. I regret one thing though. I had a friend that passed away recently that meant a lot. I was so focused on my car and surprising her with a bad-ass muscle car, and me driving instead of being driven in her car that I separated myself a bit. Perhaps the two most important things in my life are now reduced to one.
It is also the car that I have learned automotive on because while I was schooled in automotive, they are just theories on paper until you actually use them. So you see on many levels it is a car, but to me it is much more. My passenger seat will always wait for my friend though, so I can take her on that ride.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you believe it. All that writing and I didn't even mention what the car was. It's a '72 Mach 1. I converted it to a four speed, rebuilt the front and rear suspension completely, changed water pump, fuel pump, alternator, starter, new wheels and tires, changed a few wiring harnesses, did some body work, ignition completely redone, rebuilt calipers along with new wheels cylinders and I was just about to go out and put on some slotted rotors and new drums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.