Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some power car seats on craigslist and it got me to thinking about buying a pair for my TV room at home. Anyone seen this or have some thoughts on how they would (or should) best work?

Thanks for idea!

·
Registered
571 Posts
UK and USA Top Gear have done it. Are you looking to keep the powered stuff active? You'd need an inverter from 12v to 115ac.

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, the "captains" chairs! Good thinking about the arm rests. That's sopmething you need for TV watching. I like those Top Gear semicircle frames too. I was wondering how to get the seats up in the air so there wasn't a two foot drop just to sit down.

I'm looking at a set tomorrow. gray leather power bucket seats, reduced again but wondering... if they didn't work out for inside the house could these still fit in the Gal or would I be peering through the steering wheel to see where the road was?

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
I would think they would be too high if anything. Get some measurements from them to see. At least the headrest is removable in case that part is too high.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Never thought about this...a buddy gave me a set of custom leather buckets he had made for his excursion, pulled them out when he got rid of it, I was going to put buckets in our wind star, he's like" I got a nice set you can have"... Took them off the bases, put the bench back in when we got rid of the wind star, almost forgot about the seats up in the garage...

Might be cool for the basement 'playroom' where the kids play video games and whatnot, and would fit right in with all the car garb hanging on the walls(mostly mustang)... Will have to look at making some new bases :)

I like top gears V12 coffee table!

·
Premium Member
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured for the van seats just making the base a little deeper would prevent tip-back. Or putting a sandbag in the front.

Or maybe they would be fine as is, I'll never know. I could not get a majority vote. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts