Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my car won’t start. I’ve changed battery, voltage regulator, starter solenoid, ignition starter switch, and battery cables.
When I changed out the battery and had issues with the battery being drained. I thought I would have the alternator tested it was fine. Then changed out all the other stuff as I went through it. I’m at a loss on what to do.

like always any and all help is appreciated.
TJ Antoszewski.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did it start and run before you changed out those parts? When you say "it wont start".... Does it turn over? Try to catch? Just click? Nothing?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Crank no start, or no crank? If it has compression, then it is either fuel, or spark.

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
If it won't crank but will crank when you jump the starter solenoid, the prob could be a bad NSS, Neutral starter switch.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have you confirmed fuel flow after the pump? Will it start if you put some gas in the carburetor or use starter fluid? I had a small hairline crack in the rubber fuel line between my fuel sending unit and the hardline, which was preventing the pump from pulling fuel from the tank.

When changing all of those electronic bits, did they get hooked back up correctly? Not criticizing your work, just saying we have all crossed a wire here and there while wrenching on our cars.

·
Registered
594 Posts
A group what?!! Pretty sure you can count me out!

·
Registered
1963 Ford Galaxie 500
161 Posts
Did the OP fall off the map? Need to hear the answers to followup questions! Inquiring minds want to know!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Time for a group Hug? Just wanted to see if you're really paying attention.
Glad you clarified by adding the word hug to your original post. Got me a little worried.........

Reactions: rickyracer1983

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad you clarified by adding the word hug to your original post. Got me a little worried.........
Hey, people bond in different ways 😉

Re: OP....I hope he disconnected the battery before messing with those wires!! Just kidding....but give us an update when you get a chance!

Reactions: jdstefan66

·
Registered
93 Posts
As the OP will find out(if he ever comes back to this thread), when you ask for help, and dont at least acknowledge that others have chimed in (show some appreciation for their time and knowledge), or give an update as to what you tried- that in the future, you may not get those valuable resources coming to your rescue!

I make it a point to always come back to a thread that I start with results from helpful people, or threads that I post on, involved detailed instruction, as much as I can, to help the community that helps me.

I hope he gives an update, someday....

·
Registered
32 Posts
this seems to be this guys style:
Window Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Circle

Anyhow, bit hard to diagnose a no start condition with that info, but i bet its a dead flat battery and its not cranking at all

·
Premium Member
6,007 Posts
Somewhere between dead battery and broken crankshaft 💡

Reactions: Dakar09
1 - 16 of 16 Posts