Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a Proform 750 DP Street Series carb on my motor and was wondering if there is a real performance difference after removing the choke horn? I've already removed the choke plate itself and the rest of those parts (don't need it here in So Cal) and added one of those K&N carb flow inhancer deals (don't recall the name) that mounts on top of the carb to smooth out the flow but wasn't sure if removing the horn would add more than these improvements.

I'm kind of overkill in this area already because I've also installed one of the "Tornado" systems inside the Spectre Cold/Ram air boxes. :rolleyes: What can I say? I've always been told it's an air pump so the easier it gets in and out the more power you make. :tup:

John

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There has been comparo's done on that, and IIRC it does make a difference, but its not that much of a difference, unless you are wringing out every little .10th hp you can find. You have taken the correct approach where you are and personally would quit there....

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yep, keep it where it's at unless, like in my case, you need more clearance from the air cleaner lid.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, at times I had wished that I just went with the Race Series carbs for that reason only so I'm happy to hear it's not a big deal. The car runs great but if I can "MacGyver" out a little more I'm there. I guess I'll just leave the shiny parts where they are and go for a ride! :D

John

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
If you don't like the looks of it, remove it. It's a dummy anyway, since you removed the choke bitter fly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did that once on a 650 double pumper and had a little fuel splash out the vent hole sometimes cause I never put a vent tube back on after I cut the horn off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts