Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is my first thread ever on any forum (please pardon my noobienes).
I own a 1969 mustang coupe (wish it was a boss 429...anyways) with a stock 302- besides dual exhaust. And well, the stock carb is worn out and well...slow, after some research i have settled on getting a new intake and carb. The Edelbrock 2121 performer intake seems like a good fit. And i was either looking into a Edelbrock 500cfm or a Holley 600cfm. I know the whole tuning things comes with the Holley, but it doesn't bother me much. I would just like some suggestions on a carb, and even maybe a different intake. I am open to just about anything! Except getting a V6...eww.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Welcome to the Forums. :tup: I would first ask what you want from the new carb and manifold. Is it just replacement for the worn-out stuff, or are you after a bit more performance?

Two comments - all carbs need tuning on a new installation, regardless of brand or type. Second - the Performer manifolds are known for better mileage, but little power improvement over stock. If added power is desired, the Performer RPM or Weiand Stealth are good choices for unmodified to moderately modified small block street engines.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you PSIG! :) And i am looking for better street performance (Not serious track/drag) without an incredibly great loss of fuel economy: a little is fine. And okay, so the tuning thing isn't a deciding factor in my choice. Although i would prefer electric choke.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Autolite does'nt make that carb anymore and they are getting a bit difficult to find. Yes, it will be a modest performance upgrade and certainly is better than your 'stock' set-up. As mentioned, any carb will require some tweaking. Have fun. John--Las Vegas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autolite does'nt make that carb anymore and they are getting a bit difficult to find. Yes, it will be a modest performance upgrade and certainly is better than your 'stock' set-up. As mentioned, any carb will require some tweaking. Have fun. John--Las Vegas.
Yeah my current set-up isn't very good(right now), thank you Juan!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts