Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i was having problems at WOT with my car, and was told to rebuild my carb. I have a 650 vac. secondary Holley. List#1850-2. I changed all gaskets, the power valve,the cylinder things that tell the float up and down,and the pump. Ok, now the car will not idle with the vacum advance on it. Without the vacuum advance on it it will idle very rough. It shakes the whole car. It spits out white fumes out one tail pipe, and black out the other, despite the air/fuel mixture screws being the same(this happened a little before, but now a lot). And when i step on it gas and white smoke come thunderously out, very loud. I checked everything i can think of in the carb, and cannt come up with anything wrong. I am using the PVC off of the back of the manifold (aip-gap) and have blocked off the one from the carb. And before, when the car was off, i would just push the linkage to WOT and you could see gas going down the barrels of the carb (trying to state that it worked good), now when i push the linkage to WOT when the car is off, it sends a very small amount of fuel, not even flowing either. I dont think that is working right, but i checked the gaskets, and i put them all on right, and the acclerator pump is on right too. HELP PLEASE my daily driver! THANK YOU

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i tried to set the floats as good as i could before i put them on the main body again, then i tried to set them with the car running, but when i could get it to idle, it was shaking so bad 1. the screw driver wouldnt set on, 2. The fuel was shaking so much, i coulnt get an accurate fuel reading. I thought i got it pretty good though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have had this type of problem with my Holley when I don't take care to keep debris out of while I'm working on it. It only takes a tiny piece of old gasket or fuel line to plug something. Good luck.

·
Registered
679 Posts
There are at least two different types of power valve gaskets and they are not interchangeable. Make sure you used the right one for your application. If not, gas can be seeping around the power valve.
Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts