Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, i need a rebuild kit for my 65 six cylinder, carb looks stock. Anyone ever rebuilt theirs and if so, what kit and any pointers? Also, while i am here the steering on this car is god awful scary as crap above 55mph, loose as a goose. I am going to look at all the ball joints and control arm bushings, once again, any preferred parts for rebuilding, or tips? I am not looking to modiy but restore. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
take your control arms and new bushings to a shop and let them press the old ones out and the new ones in for like 50 bucks.
When you go to buy the ball joints bring yours with you and make sure they match.
If the steering is really crazy check your idler arm. When that pulls out of the frame it's not just crazy It's downright dangerous! I used Raybestos because is looked the most like original.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought aftermarket kits for my KZ-750. Tried to save a few $ because I needed 4 of them. Ugh what a headache. The bowl gaskets were a hair to big and refused to stay in their channel. Always had fuel problems after that. But I didn't know much at the time. Spend the money if you can Kodi nox and get the best parts you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts