10.4:1 static compression
victor jr heads 2.05 intake
victor jr intake, unported
comp solid roller 248/252 @ 0.050 .612/.620 lift with 1.6
2600lb car
4.10 gears
C4 auto with 4000 stall @ 400lb/ft
26" tires

i'm leaning towards a mighty demon 825cfm, because it seems like my combo is textbook for a bigger carb then normal

any suggestions?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I use mighty Demon carbs all the time. You should base the carb size on the max RPM your engine can reach. The 825 Demon is probably a good choice. If you can rev up past 7000, you will need a bigger carb. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cam runs from 3000-7000 intake is good till 7500.

other then the milled choke tower and 4 corner idle there doesn't seem to be much advantage to the mighty demon, maybe a race demon would be better with the modular boosters?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with my top end combo i don't that that will be a problem for me

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yes, Don Gould at 4 seconds flat is a Mopar Guy but knows more about these ford motors then many folks I have talked to. Not a kid... he is old school.

He set me up with a 650 Mighty Demon... Go to the web site, fill out the entire engine spec form he has, send it to him and he will tell you what you need.

The book is great. Tells you how to find the initial timing on a more then stock motor, and how to find what total cruze timing is( not total WOT advance) but what the best cruze advance is.

My 302. Everyone on this forum had consensous my initial ( no vacuum) timing should be 14 - 16 degrees. The true timing I found by trial and error is 20 degrees. Then after reading his book, and using his method, found my true initial timing of 22 BTDC. The entire combo has never run better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as soon as I get the carb I will be hitting the dyno for setup and tuning, last time I went I gained 60rwhp at peak rpm and 90rwhp lower down

as for biggs a friend at the local track has a biggs 650's on his mild 302 and he personally told me about the terrible tech support (read lack of) he got from Biggs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
"as for biggs a friend at the local track has a biggs 650's on his mild 302 and he personally told me about the terrible tech support (read lack of) he got from Biggs. "

We highly doubt that........If Anyone needs help were always there......Maybe he didnt like what we had to say but its never that we have a "lack" of support.............Jesse

·
Registered
501 Posts
I will agree. I have purchased at least 3 Bigs carbs. Not a single issue with any of them. With Bigs or any other custom carb. company you have to give them honset and correct information if you want the correct carb. Trash in, trash out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Phiber.....sorry were late on this reply but weve been very busy at the shop spending many nights there trying to keep up......On your combo we would build one of our BIGS Stage 5 750's for your 357.......A 950 is close to being in the running but with our 750 we will make better TQ numbers in the mid range as compared to our 950.......With the compression/cam you have you will be working below 7000RPM and our 750 is the best there....This carb will flow in the 855CFM range if needed......Talk at you later....Thanx allot, Jesse

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talking to Don he explained the wet flowed demon specs in compairson with the dry flow holley specs. He said a 825 was waaay too big and suggested a race demon 675 rs would be best because of the booster adjustablility and I could resleeve it when it gets stroked.

that being said the $900+ price tag doesn't impress me very much.

I'm wondering if a 750 race demon prepped for drag would be good? even though my duration is a little under the recommended 260 for the race demon.

perhaps a mighty demon 750 would suffice?

Jesse, my cam does run up to 7000rpm, but I would like to have crisp throttle responce, is that possible without sacrificing top end power. Right now i'm still unsure what to go with the demons seem to have nice features like the nonstick gaskets, but a demon might not come tailored to my needs as much as a carb from you would, or so I assume?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Phiber....all our carbs are built to our customers specs and we try to make the carb install as simple as possible for our customers......usally you have very little tuning to do.....as far as the non stick gaskets,ect....all our carbs and pretty much all other carb companys use all the good parts like that........Thanx allot, Jesse

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
a 780 to 850 out of the box Holley should be fine.
Paul

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
for someone like me that has limited tuning abilities,
a custom carb makes sence-i like the idea of having a professional, to come back on if theres a problem ,
and from what ive read over the last couple of years jesse is a straightup guy that stands behind the carbs he sells.
thats gotta be better that an out-of-the-box carb thats a crapshot at best

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: steharz on 10/20/06 11:14am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: steharz on 10/20/06 11:16am ]</font>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts