Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I've got the 375 stroker together. All thats missing is the carb. I'm leaning towards a 950 HP. Maybe Bigs has something that would work? Here's the build up.
.020 over
3.7 stroke
SRP pistons 12.2 comp.
solid roller .620/.638 254/262 @.050
AFR 205's
Victor Jr. intake
MSD dist.
Any input?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 950. It's a great carb.
I'm sorry, I don't know much about Bigs, but I do hear a lot of happy customers on this sight.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Go with Biggs. Proven by only the best!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Pick up the phone........Give Jesse and Lynn a call. They'll do ya right.
I've honestly never heard a bad thing about their product/work.

BIGS Performance / Wisconsin Carburetor Service
3228 Pleasant St.
Altoona, WI 54720
715-835-3726

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey 85Mike.....I think you are choosing the right carb also.......The 950HP is a hard carb to beat.........We offer our BIGS Stage 5 950 and I could set one of those up for you application with no problems.........some of our standard features vrs's an out of the box carb are..

1-*NEW* Billet Base with nickle plated shafts
2-*NEW* Billet metering blocks fully prepped by BIGS
3-Hollow discharge nozzle screws
4-Jet extensions and notched float on secondary side
5-adjustable secondary idle speed bracket
6-your choice of BIGS Platni-Blast colors
7-calibrated for your engine

With all that our BIGS Stage 5 950 sells outright for $689....thats $50 more then a out of the box carb.......Thanx alot, Jesse @ BIGS...........I will be at the shop till 4:00 today if ya want to talk about this......See Ya!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
notched float....uummm thats the second time Ive seen this mentioned.

I have a pair of jet extentions for our 4779 holley....is it absolutely necessary to use one?

·
Registered
314 Posts
On 2002-04-06 13:06, qtrhors wrote:
notched float....uummm thats the second time Ive seen this mentioned.

I have a pair of jet extentions for our 4779 holley....is it absolutely necessary to use one?
If you run the jet extensions you need the notched float. If you use a regular float, it hits them. Mkes it impossible to let the float drop all the way down into normal position. The fuel level in the bowl will be too high.

The jet extensions are very helpful when you start running quicker. If the car can 60 ft say 1.65 or quicker they help. Absolute requirement once you get into the low 1.50's 60 ft. When you leave the line really hard, all the fuel in the bowl rushes to the rear of the secondary bowl, away from the jets. The extensions keep the jets submerged in fuel. Not required on the primary side as the fuel sloshes towards the jets and keeps them covered.

Later,

David Cole

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dave C on 4/7/02 1:52am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts