Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a phenolic (however you spell it) carb spacer for my 64 390 to try and help the somewhat hard hot starts. I had to let it crank a few times to restart.
The aluminum one has a fitting for a pcv hookup or something like it on the back. The new one does not have this fitting.
Can I do something with this hose that comes from the back of the motor? Right now it is just open to atmosphere.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you're using a Holley or Edelbrock carb there should be a vacuum inlet at the base of the carb. On a Holley, it should be in the front just under the primary fuel bowl or on the side of the secondary linkage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Drill and tap a hole in the back of the spacer you have now, screw in a hose fitting and hook the hose to it. Make sure the hole goes in deep enough so that it will pull a vacuum.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yes. Drill it so it picks up both rear bores. Drill it right in the middle.

·
Premium Member
5,912 Posts
It is better if both sides of the intake can pull the PCV gasses. But it may be more convenient to drill the hose fitting into just one bore, then saw an opening from there to the adjacent bore.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Where did you get it, can you give me the part number? I have one with no pcv that i need to put the hole in but might opt for one with it already in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts