Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the article in the hot rod mag about the montego build and was wondering how to get one of those carbon fiber hoods for a 70/71 Merc. Cyclone..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Matt, I'll let my brother know.. Thats a WICKED car you have!!! I was shocked to read the HOT ROD project car was stolen also.. Id like to have it but would prefer to get it from the origional owner if you know what I mean..I'll get back with you on the hood...Jerry

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can almost guarentee they dont make one. Most people dont even know what a Cyclone spoiler is... Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Theres a place in Oakl. around Tulsa called Factory Ten-i have there
address an name around somewhere that made carbon fiber bumpers
an hoods for the cyclone-I have one of there front bumpers on my car
fit nice an weighs about 2lbs. they made these parts for the project
car 70 Montego that some rag guy was doing a few yrs back. They had
the molds for the above mentioned parts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that would be great. Id like to see some pics of your car with the parts on .it.. Thanks, Jerry

·
Registered
203 Posts
The bumper pictured on my car (second post in this string) is one of the bumpers described by ereid - just painted "near chrome".

The guys in Tulsa do very good work, but if they were making hoods, then I would not have had to come up with a mold myself. I think they made a hood or two in the past, but my understanding is that it was not a production mold suitable for repetitive use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts