Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

carburetor on 144?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  FEandGoingBroke 
#1 ·
its time for a new carb on my 60 falcon straight 6 144 it currently has a single barrel holley but i cant seem to find any more of those. any suggestions on what to replace it with?

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forums. :tup: There are many options here; everything from going EFI, to just buying a remanufactured carb, to buying an alternative, to rebuilding your own. As kits and original carbs are widely available everywhere from eBay and Amazon to online parts houses like RockAuto, why are you considering an alternative? Why do you feel yours requires replacement? Perhaps we can help you find your best options.

David

#3 ·
i just bought the car less than a month ago to rebuild and i plan on making it a cruiser but the carb is leaking gas from everywhere possible so i just want a new single barrel carb to put in and this is my first ford so im not to familiar as to what to replace it with. it would be ideal to just get a new single barrel holley but i cant find one anywhere and was curious to what a good alternative would be

#4 ·
OK, I would just go for a remanufactured Holley original. Start shopping, as I found a bunch in 3 minutes on Google. Like this, and this, or the best price I found in that time (~$150 with core) like this. Just search for a 1960 Falcon Holley or Holley Model 1904/1908. The 1904 was manual choke, and the 1908 was auto choke. Shopping time!

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.