Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Cristine to the Carlisle Ford Nationals Friday/Saturday...very fun time!! I was a little disapointed in the Galaxie turnout this year..not as many as the last few times I've been, which was about 6 years ago. This year was the Shelby 50th tribute, and I have never seen so many Shelby cars in my life, both old and new. Around noon on Saturday they had everyone rev their engines in tribute to the memory of Caroll Shelby...that was one of the most memorable things I will remember from all of the Carlisle shows I've been to...very touching.

Cristine performed flawless..500+ miles and no issue, She averaged around 14 MPG...not too bad. I also found a nice set of hood letters for $20!!!!!, although I found it at the very last vendor. Overall, a fun time, but two things that happened to me every time I go there happened agian...it rained Friday night and my brother fell asleep on the way home Saturday...even though he had 10 hours sleep the night before!

Also...one sad fact of the weekend...I realized at 45 years old I was the youngest of the 65/66 Galaxie owners at the show...we need to get some younger guys to preserve these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dare I say it, but I am disappointed in not getting to the show. I mean living all of maybe 2 hours from the fair grounds I don't have much of an excuse. I don't usually go because there is not much for me to get...not many Galaxie vendors, and I don't have much interest in stangs, but maybe next year I will go.

And about the younger guys getting interested in galaxies...well most my friends like the tuner style cars. But they like to ride in the convertible when ever they want to stand out. Oh and being all of 23 years of age, I know I will always have one Galaxie in my possession.

Glad to hear you had a good time though.

Coal

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is one guy in high school around here that has a 66. You are coorect Coal in that most of the young kids are into imports, with an occassional Mustang thrown in. Glad to see there are still a few you guys interested in keeping these old cars going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts