Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a few months away but anyone going ?

The ford muscle meet alot of you is going to is just WRONG WRONG WRONG...What about us that live on east coast that would have to drive clear accross usa or fly just to meet you sorry ariess? I make a motion to move all festivities to east coast :bicker:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a couple spots at the corner where the picnic tables are on opposite side where the burnouts are. Need anything I stay 4 days , I can help ya look. May feed ya if you come by. I always cook shrimp , alaskin king crab legs .

·
Registered
337 Posts
My son and I plan on attending the Ford event.
Always on the lookout for 68, 70 Cyclone stuff along with things for the 64 Falcon, 67 Ranchero. May even find something for the 54 Sedan Delivery.
It seems we are always long on toys, short on time and money!

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I know it is a few months away but anyone going ?

The ford muscle meet alot of you is going to is just WRONG WRONG WRONG...What about us that live on east coast that would have to drive clear accross usa or fly just to meet you sorry ariess? I make a motion to move all festivities to east coast :bicker:
NOW, NOW and FE's been calling this the "the greatest show of earth" guess he thinks the earth stops at the rocky mountains :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I live barely an hour from Carlisle and yet haven't attended an event in years. Has gotten too costly overall for my tastes.

If I head that way it will probably be to QuarterAces, which is the 1/8th mile dragstrip that is located about 10 miles south of the Carlisle fairgrounds. The owner has invited me down several times to do some match racing during the Ford event.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Re: Carlises swap meet Penn...NEVER AGAIN

I was there a couple of years ago, first time, last time. Eight hours from home, absolute fleebag motel $98 a night 3 nights, my buddy snored so bad I bet I didn't sleep 5 hours sleep all weekend. Bad thunderstorm first night, lost power all night, thunderstorm the last day, good thing we were parked on the top of the hill, with all them Pintos :rolleyes: ?!! No AC had to leave the door open, no screen, flies everywhere, toilet wouldn't flush:mad:. Drove there and back in a Pinto with no radio no AC. Did find a good place to eat and a bar and 'carryout' with plenty of Yuengling at about twice the price it should have been. When it was over had to look forward to the eight hour drive home in a Pinto with no damn radio and no AC :(. Boy was I glad to get home:D!
NEVER AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, goodness Well if you ever wish to go again call me before you goto the gate. I promise you can get in my ford f-350 crew cab that has ac blowing and any music ya choose to listen to and I will get ya in for free.
I donot stay in a hotel, I stay inside the gate for free , I donot eat anywhere around there, I feed myself with what I take . Parts one has to look for are out of site nowdays unless you shop around. You went to spring show surrounded by pintos, I goto all ford swap.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Rcode,
appreciate the invite but I would have to be with my buddy in his Pinto, he has helped me so much with my '64 466 Gal project. His Pintois pretty neat though he has done a lot to it and it handles as good as my '06 Mustang GT, haha. Love the '63's also, from what I understand they are a good bit lighter that the '64's. Sure would love to see the 406 and 427's and lightweights, too. I was really dissapointed when I went over. The Galaxies were in a field next the the 'Pinto display', as far to the left as you came into the main gate as you could go. Not a single performance Gal in the whole field.
They did have a great display of the new Cobra Jets, and I did get a neat 5.0 t-shirt;).
Thanks again, hope you have a great time:).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you went to the spring show. I goto ford show. Good time? Somewhat, I spend my time putting up a 2 big tents, unloading a 40 foot trailer with heavy heads, cranksafts and motors. My back after operation does not like that. Then ya gota get all that stuff back in trailer . Takes me 10 hours to get there. Took me 4 years to gather parts for my fairlane , still got a few parts to get if If I can spare the money this year. Looking one more tail light assy for a 67 , changing out the 66s just cause I like them better. Man on fence sells his headlight basels for 650 a pair for old stock, shissh I stick with some good drivers.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
I belong to MOF (Mid-Ohio Ford) as well as UFO. I work both swap meets. Need all the Ford input I can get in this cheby world:rolleyes:. What is the name you will be registered under and what building will you be in? It's a shame the meet will not be going on Sunday, not everyone goes to church:frown: and the ones that do can come to the swap meet afterwards. Make it a family outing:tup: haha. Seriously though I think it is out of respect. I talk to some of the guys from the Big Block Forum (429-460.com) and 460ford.com to
acquire some professional knowledge;).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On 17th ave right beside 71 highway is the expo I goto, same I guess. I am always in the buckeye building under name Pat Gerek. I took over the 2 spots next to him for the couple that usually goes sits out . I goto the ford show , not in spring coming up. Cannot beat all inside even in bad weather show must go on.

I see nothing wrong excelpt having to sit in line for hours waiting for the door to open, Then when it does we have to wait for Branda and his long trailer to get in first, understandable.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
It's Easter weekend April 5 & 6, closed the 8th (easter Sunday). This one is the same as the one in the Fall except put on by a different car club MOF (Mid-Ohio Ford) the one in the Fall is put on by UFO (United Ford Owners). Each one is called "World's Largest Indoor All Ford Swap", one is as large as the other, lucky for us Ford Owners, huh?!! Those UFO Leather jackets are all hand made and cost $550. I can't afford one:(. You can win one through the UFO club, they sell tickets for $5 each at the X-MAS party, every year. Year before last I took a chance on one, I let a guy ahead of me and quess what, yep he won it:mad:
Last year Tony Branda got there early and the set up went real smooth. He also won the Earth Angel 50-50 venders only drawing last year. He won $1800 dollars and donated $800 back. He seemed like a pretty decent guy. I am a board member of the Earth Angel Foundation and sell the 50-50 tickets on Sunday. We are totally volunteer and the Foundation sends terminally ill children and their familys, from Ohio, on dream vacations anywhere in the USA. Kinda like Make-A-Wish BUT we are totally volunteer...they are NOT. At the Fall swap I work the Buckeye Building Friday setting up. I know you have seen me I work the back overhead door next to where Dennis Carpenter sets up.. I am the old grey haired guy (64) the other guy (Rod) has red hair. Saturday I work the entrance door in the Buckeye Building helping collect money. The Spring Swap I usually don't know where I work. If you get to come to the Spring Swap maybe you can PM me you cell phone and meet to talk a little FORD. I'm sure we will see each other at the Fall Swap.
Small world...COOL:).

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I always buy $ 20 worth of Earth Angel foundation tickets but never have won last 7 years. I was there when Tony Branda won , yep he is a cool guy . Got that trailer loaded and arranged well . Has just about any item you need .
I drive the ford 4 door dully dark blue pulling trailer. I always have kinda tough time getting turnned around , trying before building is flooded trying to unload. I get to gate about 6 0clock to be in line right after Tony in hopes to get unloaded . Year before last we took 5 motors and all that 427 items kills my back. I always unload so Pat will not have to. He is a good man and in past 30 years he always been fair with me. I am sure I know you , probably seen me stick my head in door saying get that gate open, lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.