Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you install new carpet,put in in the car,let it relax a day or two, then fit it all the way in, NOW the hard parts, installing the seat belt lugs, and holesfor those seats....Find it with a awl....then take your biggest Philliphs head screw drivers, and a propane torch, heat it up,then sink it in the hole you just found, keeps carpet from fraying and pulling out a row of that new 80/20 loop pile you just bought.....

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
They make a carpet that extends up the sides and tucks up under the rocker covers so you don't have to piece it in.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
That's a good tip. :tup: So I wouldn't smoke the handle, I used locking pliers (Vice Grips) to hold a long trashed bolt. My 2 cents is to make the hole double the size necessary, because after some time the carpet will settle more, and with bigger holes all you'll have to do is loosen the seats to shift the slack lumps for final long-term fit. Don't ask me how I cussed my way into that solution. ;)

David

PS: now add a fire extinguisher to the story and submit it for a Tech article.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They make a carpet that extends up the sides and tucks up under the rocker covers so you don't have to piece it in.
That's the difference in Molded and Cut and Sewn carpet, my hardtop had Cut and Sewn in when new....So that's what I put back in....she is 100% Stock, so I didn't change a thing durning the "freshing up"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts