Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well its time to get a carpet kit for the Pinto. Now the first thought was ACC ( Auto Custom Carpet) . Ive bought twice before from them for the same car back in the early 90s and it was ok but i had a fit issue over the rear part of the tunnel. It was baggy and not fitting right. Now im gonna get Another Kit and well now they want over 200 for the kit.

Well they (ACC) were the first thought and i placed the order, but now i remember that a year ago looking at this place called http://www.stockinteriors.com and they pretty much look like a better carpet, better options for the carpet ,and overall they claim the best carpet out there. (dont they all?)
The biggest pull is that SHIPPED its $135 for the exact same things that i asked for on ACC site.

Has anyone delt with Stockinteriors or ACC of Late ?
Thanks all
Robert

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I used ACC in both my 63 Ranchero, and my 64 Gal. They were both somewhat baggy over the tunnel. I solved the problem by putting 3/4" jute padding over the hump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stockinteriors is a middle man for a couple of manufacturers..ACC is a direct manufacturer. I bought my son a kit this summer from http://www.motorsouthcarpet.com ....We bought the mass rubber backing too...which was tough to cut thru but the fit was quite nice. Main reason we chose them is that they too are a Georgia company and we had the option of picking it up..

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm ok, well then can anyone explain why both acc carpets had mis fit issues over the rear tunnle ,and early fading ( which i forgot to mention )? And then turn around and charge $77 more for the exact same carpet?.
I called today to cancle the order with ACC and told them that i was going to buy from stockinteriors.com . The sales lady said that stockinteriors.com bought from them. Ok then. How can they make any money unless ACC is absolutly GOUGING for the price of the carpet when you buy directly from them? I mean really $197 for the carpet, and 100 for the mass backing! The other guys are 119 and 60.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On 2006-12-21 19:41, 71hotrodpinto wrote:
hmm ok, well then can anyone explain why both acc carpets had mis fit issues over the rear tunnle ,and early fading ( which i forgot to mention )? And then turn around and charge $77 more for the exact same carpet?.
I called today to cancle the order with ACC and told them that i was going to buy from stockinteriors.com . The sales lady said that stockinteriors.com bought from them. Ok then. How can they make any money unless ACC is absolutly GOUGING for the price of the carpet when you buy directly from them? I mean really $197 for the carpet, and 100 for the mass backing! The other guys are 119 and 60.
Like i said...my research showed that stock interiors buys from everybody...you don't know what you may get with them I concluded but I may be wrong...I just wanted quality and local business...Maybe you should call around before settling on stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts