Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Site Admin
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shelby recently released a statement through Facebook commenting on his health. In it, he addressed concerns about his recent hospital stints, saying he had been battling pneumonia but was comfortable and in good hands. Shelby died in Baylor Hospital last night, presumably of complications stemming from that illness, though official word has yet to be released.
Known best, perhaps even to this day, for his iconic AC Cobras, Shelby always loved going fast. Born in Leesburg, Texas, in his early days he was known to take his father’s Willy’s to its very reachable limits on a regular basis.
The boy who loved speed, as many know, would make one of the most legendary marks on the auto industry to date. He woud go on to a career that included being a race car driver in the ’50s, ultimately winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans for Maserati in 1959 — his last year.

MORE...

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Sad day for all auto enthusiasts. while strange management things at the hands of others at 'shelby american' like the 23,000.00 hood replacement tarnished the marque a bit, few could have anything but respect for the man that built the brand into such a iconic status.

beat Enzo Ferrari at his own game with a FORD, tenaciously kept putting out more,more,more- even in failing health...then almost unbelievably drove the viper pace car around Indy all those years later with a new heart beating in his chest, started a organ donor foundation that saved countless lives, still lending influence to special edition mustangs that carried his name. think I read he was the worlds longest living dual organ recipient a few years ago- amazing lifetime for sure. Condolences to all his family and friends and countless fans

·
Registered
53 Posts
well said, although i never had the privelage to meet him he was a man we all should be greatful for. RIP carroll and thank you for all your life acheivements you've made. See you on the other side buddy

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
My friend just got his personalized CA plates approved for his 2011 GT500: RIPSHLB :tup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts