Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you have pics of where the center console bracket mounts to the tunnel on a 64-65 Falcon? or measurments on where the console sits? I am installing bucket seats and console in my 65 Sprint that somebody 20 years ago converted to a bench. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody on this forum has a pic of a 64/65 falcon with a center console? How about a measurment on how your console sits in relation from the distance of the rear seat.

·
Subscriber
263 Posts
The bracket you see in the pic is where the rear of the consi=ole screws into. On eather side of the console is a sheet metal screw that secures the sides of the console. The bracket is weldeed at the factory along some point on the assembly line. Pics from the 1964 shop manuel helps. Grab a copy of it.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
If it truly was a bucket seat AND console car you should see where it was originally welded. Are you SURE it wasn't a bench seat car originally?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it truly was a bucket seat AND console car you should see where it was originally welded. Are you SURE it wasn't a bench seat car originally?
Yes, it is a factory bucket seat car. 63d on the body code and all 8 seat track holes are there. The bracket was removed and the floor has been painted with any extra holes welded and ground down. i am not able to locate where it was from the factory.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Look from underneath the car, there should be tale tell signs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts