Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1964 custom 500....it has a bad center link....the rod that comes from the powersteering box with a ball joint end.....I have a lot of play on the steering wheel.....I have been calling everyone all thay and no one has it......by any chance you guys know if another modal car has the same part? A thunder bird,ltd,mustan,falco or anything.....I'm taking a trip to a few local junk yards this weekend.....I want to know just in case I find anything.....thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If your car has a "Power Steering Box" on it then there is no telling what the center link is?
If however you have a manual steering box and the center link does not have a power control valve on it then any 61 through 64 Galaxie or Mercury or 61 and 62 Fairlane manual steering center link should fit.
If you center link has a power control valve on it then only the 63/64 Galaxie or Mercurys will work.

Scott...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your car has a "Power Steering Box" on it then there is no telling what the center link is?
If however you have a manual steering box and the center link does not have a power control valve on it then any 61 through 64 Galaxie or Mercury or 61 and 62 Fairlane manual steering center link should fit.
If you center link has a power control valve on it then only the 63/64 Galaxie or Mercurys will work.

Scott...

ok so i found out what it is...its the drag link.....thanks to jem i found the repair kit..... i really need to get this fix i have a ton of play

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.