Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background on the engine... Non-roller, 302, Edelbrock RPM, 750 Holley VS carb, headers, 2.25 exhaust with 40-series flowmasters. My cam specs at 268 duration and .456 lift. Running E7TE heads with the stock 1.6 rockers. Upgraded eldelbrock springs.

My question - Would there be any noticeable change in the lope/sound of the cam? Any rougher or nothing really noticeable?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Probably not.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Nope...duration and overlap are what cause the "lope" sound. The 1.7 rockers are only going to increase lift by about .030

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, that's what I thought.... Hmmm, probably wouldn't see much of an improvement seeing that the heads are stock other than the valve springs.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Didn't really notice much when I did the switch. Don't waste the money if you're just going for the lope.

What 82GT said is right and kind of wrong. You can say duration and overlap cause the lope. However, the 1.7 rockers will slightly increase your duration (at the valve where it counts) at almost all points of lift. On a solid lifter cam (like I have) it will increase your overall duration (at the valve) as well because the 1.7 rocker will take up the valve lash sooner.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That carb. is kind of on the large size for what you have....don't you think?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I ran a 725 VS on my 302 for a while - had great throttle response, good power, just didn't care for the vac sec.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On paper, the carb might seem a little big. But, with the right spring in the secondary and jetting, it works really well....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts