Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if i can pull the clutch system out of a early 80s mustang 5.0 and put it in a 1965 falcon that will have a 302 engine.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Practically no.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
putting a T5 in a Falcon is as easy as pie, if your wanting to do it cheap, maybe not.....Tail shafts need changed if wanting a "factory" look, or to move it away from the floor brace and seat, we have done 6 so far in the club, not hard, just costs a little more than a Toploader......One member has Mustang pedals in his Ranchero....and not done well I might add...and they suck.....

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Modern Driveline is a little pricey, nice looking setup though.

I went with a Ram Hydraulic throwout bearing and a Wilwood Master cylinder, custom length line, few random parts. Probably $300 or less wrapped up in it.

Jet

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I thought he was asking about the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you are pulling the auto out of the Falcon, you can replace it with a 5.0 bellhousing, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and T-5 transmission out of an early 90's Mustang. Be advised you will probably have to shorten your driveline about 3/4". You of course will need to aquire a clutch pedal and some kind of kit or bracket to make the cable work correctly. I found a used clutch and brake pedal assembly on Ebay. Rather than mess around with a bunch of used/worn out parts that will need to be rebuilt anyway I opted to buy new stuff. I did buy it from a well known shop and spent a lot of money but I want this to be right. I've got a new motor in the car and that coupled with the new transmission and the existing 9" rear end I will be able to cruise anywhere with reliability. Here's what I'm getting. New T-5Z with the S-10 tailpiece, aluminum bellhousing, new 10.5" clutch, pressure plate and flywheel, custom fit crossmember for the Falcon and a custom fit clutch cable and brackets. I hope to start the conversion in a week or so and will post results.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the complete clutch & pedal assembly from an '88 Mustang into my '65 Falcon Futura. The '88 Mustang 5.0 and 5 speed replaced the original 289 engine & 2 speed auto. I even used the Falcon's original drive shaft. I used many parts from the Mustang, eg; brake booster & trans cross-member. I had to move the windshield wiper motor mount to the right by 7.5 inches to clear the clutch arm. I used the billet pivot with adjustable clutch cable. All works fantastic. I ended up using a set of Headman shorty headers to complete the task. Oh ya, I am running the electronic fuel injection system without MAF and it works great.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
OP was May, so who knows what he did....:rolleyes:
And never ask more questions....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts