Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i the only one that likes to make my g/f or wife change her own oil?
yes i help, but i think if there comes a time when she will need to change it herself she will know how. and its fun to watch... :)

100_1818.JPG

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
You're not alone. But that said, I don't mind showing her how to do it once or twice...but from then on, she needs to know how to do it herself.

Just helped a good friend of mine change her oil on her motorcycle....actually I showed her how to do it and what to do, then let her have at it. I let her scratch the plastic...not me! Plus got paid for supervising and I wasn't even asking for anything in return. Just a friend helping a friend.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My sister changes her oil every time..I showed her when she got her first car...and she's done it every time since then. She's even helped put plugs in her car too, and changed her thermostat on her '99 Taurus all by herself...it's pretty cool as a brother to say that your sister can do that...:D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I change the oil on the race car, the Totally Awesome Missus Murff maintains all the other vehicles.

When the kids were still living at home the driveway would look like the entry to a zippy lube about every 6 or 7 weeks as she would do her car, my car, the kids cars, and the the 1 or 2 'spare' vehicles we always seemed to have.

Some years back I had a 3.8 Taurus that pooped the heads. She R & R'd the heads, did a valve job, basically rebuilt the top of the engine.

I wouldn't even change the air filter on the dam thing.

I am a lucky sumbatch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts