Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Cheap disc brakes for 9\" BB ??

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tim R 
#1 ·
Due to an incident at the track last weekend, it looks like I need a new rear housing. I've got a big bearing 9" housing sitting here and I think I can utilize my Strange axles I am currently running, but I do not have any brakes to put on it.

What would be the least expensive disc brake setup that I could install and still have a decent brake system? Either aftermarket or j-yard brakes. I do have versailles brakes, but the cost of replacement parts and the shear weight of those things deters me from using them

#4 ·
GM S-10 rotors, redrilled to your axle specs, S-10 calipers, and caliper brackets from Day motorsports. From a parts store, it's less than $150 for everything...brand new. They work too!!

Don't forget about the M/C...you'll need one from a '79-'93 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup. The power and manual brake M/C's are the same. You'll also need the S-10 flex hoses (unless you go braided), M/C reservoir and some line modifications, but it's so cheap to do it that way it's definetly worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.