Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if i could adapt say 2.3 serpentine pulleys to my 460? i have march underdrives right now and the alt pulley is so large it only puts out 12.9-13 volts at idle with a 3g.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I had a bit of a problem with charging on a 3G, so I just got a smaller pully and put it on the alternator. Fixed it right up

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Just drill the water pump pulley pilot hole larger for the 460 pilot and you may need to groove the 4 outer holes out to match the 460 but it will fit along with the crank pulley and alt pulley. I will use my 428SCJ single groove underdrive water pump pulley, single groove 351W crank pulley, and single groove alt pulley on my 466 so I can keep it simple while not having to buy new pulleys. The serpentine pulleys will fit the same way but I'm not sure if the 460 ever came with a reverse rotation water pump or not. That could be a possibility for me too if there is a reverse rotation water pump available for the 460 and then I could use the 5.0 pulleys but that might make me think about going more modern with a fuel injected tunnelram on the 466 and that can't happen yet or can it? I don't even want to think about that! But it is an interresting concept. Dual large bore throttle bodies on a 2/4 tunnelram using programmable digital fuel injection. DOH! I don't want to think about that yet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts