1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crank up the sound, a little Jethro Tull and restomod mix

I promise you'll dig it

*************Link is gone due to Capt Kirk scaring me on lic #'s LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: My427stang on 7/4/06 11:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Nice! Looks like a lot of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears went into that one!

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL its funny, more time and blood than anything (until I got to the recent motor and tranny). I am too old and lazy now to ever accomplish that again

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Is that someone's wife's car that we know behind you (the red camaro)? You've got good taste in music and cars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 289nate on 6/27/06 6:30pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is the 2nd version of the engine since I started, third in the car. It was a 302 / C-4 car, I built the 427 / 4 speed, then just recently stroked the same block (489 cid) and added alum heads and a TKO-600 5 speed. Its certainly getting better with age (I even got 13.8 mpg on a 225 mile run last week including a pile of high speed syuff and over an hour in gridlock kind of traffic)

That Camaro is Monstermach's, that was a trip to Bishop CA while he was building the big block in the Mach. (If we did that trip today, I am sure he'd take the Mach LOL)

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Nate, That is the "Fall Colors Show" in 2004 ... The Mach1 made it's first voyage out of Vegas to that show in 2005, and then (as you saw) to Knott's Berry Farm this spring.

Nice Video Ross ... I sure wish I had PICs of how the my Mach1 was when I bought it ...

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!

I have got some miles on the new motor and pretty happy over all, still fighting a little tuning issue, may go back to a single plane intake.

However, I put 225 miles on it last Sat, and 540 this Sat and averaged 13.8 mpg over 765 miles!

Not bad for 1000 cfm carbed 489

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome !!!
Great video.
I think you should kill the lic. plate numbers though.
In today's world some nut case could track you down form your plate.

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL good point and you scared me, so I dumped it.

I'll do another and scrub them

Great point

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am OK, LOL, I should have known better, I have heard horror stories of guys getting false leins, etc. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts