Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I really think the 64 galaxie looks aggressive when it is raised a couple of inches. That's one nice ride....

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
Now that is off the ground. No trouble getting the jack stand out from under that one after you jack it down! I wouldn't mind mine being a bit higher off the ground. Not that high but higher at least.

Bet it don't go cheap!

Deb

·
Registered
513 Posts
I believe that if this forum runs for the next 100 years, until we run out of gasoline, and we all drive Cammer Galaxie convertibles (1963s, of course), and JC Allison quotes himself into a stupor, we will never ever, none of us, see another Galaxie as totally in-SANE as the Tobacco King. That car is way, way off the scale of sensible. The supercharged 427 alone is pure Darth Vader wicked, but to go and rocketize the rear axle...well, words fail. The car has a coolness quotient that dwarfs the rattiest rods, the most flawlessly original of collector muscle, the most storied of race cars. All of the other Coolest Galaxies I Ever Heard Of—like the 1963 Galaxie Rum Runner R-code, Fred Lorenzen’s 1965 racer, the 1964 Lightweight that lives here in Greater Cincinnati, or that 1966 Cammer that was on eBay a while ago—pretty much get flattened by the Tobacco King.

·
Registered
316 Posts
one thing is wrong..
under hood sticker says "caution fan"

should be: CAUTION FUN

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with Queencityrcode. That is the sickest Galaxie I have ever seen. I broke out the photo paper and hit print. My 64 is almost out of paint prison. It's also black and the torque thrusts are in the garage. Those red lines have me considering throwing out my raised letter tires. I wonder also how much it's going to be to take the Gal home.

·
Registered
513 Posts
That is the sickest Galaxie I have ever seen.
Yeah, R428, that's exactly it. Sick. Sick, like those black wheels are the color of Zach Reynolds' lungs. And the hell of it is, the car is real. This is not some jacked up, flames on the side, Mustang-5.0-liter-with-Taurus-SHO seats resto-mod. The car rides high for a reason. Why? I needed clearance for the freaking rocket.

I can scarcely look at the car without cracking up. I have to question the mental health and morality of the original owner. I showed it to my wife--who is, shall we say, not a big car buff. She busted out laughing. Is this an April Fool's joke?

·
Super Moderator
21,522 Posts
JC Allison quotes himself into a stupor
That's funny! Poor ol JC, always getting picked on. But I'm sure it keeps him going!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts