Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone. I trust your judgement and I'm starting to build my reference library. I already have a basic engine building book from Tom Monroe, that is my first. What books do you guys/gals have that you would recommend? Any and all wether it be engine, trans, bodywork, how to prepare your garage with the right tools, whatever as long as it is car restoration or performance related where I would learn a good deal. If it was up to me, I would go back to school for this but....duty calls. THANKS

·
Registered
309 Posts
Any of the Haynes manuals on steering, drivelines, and rearends; I go on ebay and find older manuals. I came across a set of manuals from an autoshop class that I use all the time. There are some older books by a fellow whose last name is Clouse that are pretty good, too.

sean

·
Registered
309 Posts
Duh, make that Crouse, not Clouse.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd recomend buying the "original" Ford manuals for your car or truck. For my 71 truck, I bought the 5 volume set which covers engine, driveline, chassis, body, maintenace, etc, etc. I got it on eBaay for about $30. So if I need to look up the torque on a C6 valve body, how the heater controls & cables run, where the bolts are for removing a fender, or how much fluid goes in the cooling system I have it all somewhere in these service manuals. Ciltons and Haynes are okay, and I have them also, but for me the original Ford manuals are better.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Don Taylor's "Automotive Upholstery" and "How to restore and customize auto upholstery and interior" by Motorbooks Workshop are good ones. That's if you want to learn about interiors also.

Deb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts