Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you guys do for your wheels? Chrome or polished Aluminum? I'm going with some 17x7 TTII's on my 63 4 door and I think I want chrome for the lower upkeep and easier shine but is there a benefit to polished over chrome?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
326 Posts
Imo ... Chrome brings the cheese. I dont like chrome. when I see it under a hood my first thought is oh another $40 dollar kit. same with wheels. I prefer a polished ,satin, or detailed painted wheel that fits the car. :)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Imo ... Chrome brings the cheese. I dont like chrome. when I see it under a hood my first thought is oh another $40 dollar kit. same with wheels. I prefer a polished ,satin, or detailed painted wheel that fits the car. :)
You mean you disapprove of HIGH PERFORMANCE EDELBROCK chromed air cleaners and rocker covers?

I bet a chromed dip stick handle (or gun grip) really causes revulsion... :tup:

BTW... (IMO)... Chrome costs and aluminum can be polished.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fully understand ont he chrome engine accessories. I prefer the unpolished raw aluminum look there and with no name advertisements from the part's mfg's. I have never had polished aluminum wheels and was worried about keeping the nice on a semi DD. I've seen the chrom rust from the middle and edges. I've had factory aluminum wheels loose clearcoat and pit but never dealt with polished ones.

Thanks for the insight.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts