Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I would like your opinions on the strips we had painted on the stang. My first thought, redo em'. But now, I don't know?

I look forward to your comments,

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Personally I like the wider stripes with the narrower middle space like the proper GT350 Lemans stripes. They seem to be the "correct" proportions. Stu

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2006-04-13 11:42, FEandGoingBroke wrote:
What's on there looks decent. Although you don'e see very many without stripes anymore, unless they are brand new and nobody's messed with them...
I see a lot of them with very similar stripes here in NorCal.

FE
We live in a very small town in So. Ga. As luck would have it, some one right down the street bought the same color about 3 months later so I wanted to do some thing different. I didn't want "stickers" so we had them painted. I havn't seen them in person as I am half way around the world. I'm just not sure we made the right choice..... maybe the photo's I have just don't do it justice?

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I would have stop them at the hood and at the bottom of the trunk lid. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'd remove them and go wider or no stripes at all. The front and rear of the Mustang are pretty busy with all the headlights, fog lights and pony in front and gas cap and tail lights in the back. Adding the narrow stripes just makes it seem busier and more cluttered.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I think they look good, but if you're not happy one thing that might make them look better would be to add a narrow border stripe (about 1/4"-1/2" wide, offset the same amount) to each stripe, or possibly just the outer edge of each stripe. Just throwing ideas around.

·
Programmer
856 Posts
It looks great! I like the width. I like how they fit between the fog lights and horse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts