Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a showroom stock 1995 Mustang GT vert about a week ago, my first SN95.

I have a 1990 Notch that is in the very-long-term 460 swap phase. From this '90 notch I have a nearly new off road H-Pipe and cat back system.

My question is about the possibility of installing the 90 exhaust system in the 95 car. Will this swap over directly? If not, where will I encounter problems?

I'm hoping to save some time/money by using at least part of this exhaust system.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The SN95 used a different collector flange on the headers so the H won't mate up.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info 1bad.

So iffn' I run a set of fox headers, I'm good to go?

Will fox headers fit in the car? steering / clearance issues?

I have some fox headers from the same setup if that will work.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
That'll work.

The 94-95's used a slightly wider bolt pattern on the collector flange(don't know why) and this doesn't allow the the older stuff to fit properly. Also when you pull off the 95 headers you'll notice they have a true 4-1 collector that the 85-93's didn't have.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1Bad, that's perfect, I appreciate the info.

I've read that the SN-95 has the same floor pan stamping as the older fox cars, so it seems right that the cat-back half would fit the 95 car.

I guess I'll put it on the lift when I go home next week and check out the fit.

That's interesting on the collectors... I'll give that a look-see when I have it apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts