Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't drivein my 62 Gal for about six month and have changed insurance companies since. What are the recommendations on where to get insurance, I've checked with Haggerty, but would like other options as well.

Thanks,
Bobg

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fakesnake,

Can you give me some specifics on Grundy's, like mileage allow per year and things like that. Their online quote was less than Haggerty's. Do you have to take your car in to get it appraised?

Thanks,
Bobg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Check AAA. They offer full, comprehensive, uninsured, the whole boat. I got my 66 Galaxie and 51 pickup insured through them for less than it cost for basic coverage on my 93 Taurus. Even with the AAA annual dues, it worked out great for me -- and I'll admit to making use of the towing service once or twice along the way (often to get a car from my house to the mechanic).

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I use AAA for everything but for my Starliner the rate was 25% higher than Grundy. The rate kept going up as I played with annual mileage. Grundy has an agreed upon value. You give them what you think it is worth and e-mail them some pics. Uninsured was low so I paid a few bucks more to increase it. Mileage is unlimited with Grundy.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I was one of those who was canceled by Hagerty, for allowing my classic motorcycle to be photographed in bed of equally (and older) classic pick-up truck. Was considered to for "Off Highway" use, to which agent argued the picture was taken in back corner of parking lot, but.... Sometimes they look for just any excuse to cancel a policy.

Went over to G.M.A.C. who would not insure once vehicle, but preferred two or three on one policy. Yes, you must state your estimated mileage on public streets too. Overall, got three vehicles for $20 more than I had been paying for two. You must belong to a classic car club, even an internet one, such as this place.

Some insuance carriers will not insure in your area. As I found with Grundy. They did not have agents, and a few other excuses, for an area of about 2.5 million residents. You think they would have. But that was about three years ago, so never even got to the quote stage.

Wm.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The only problem I found with Grundy and AAA was they wanted my car to be fully restored. I told them it was a work in progress but it runs and drives and they said it needed to be completely restored. Hagerty on the other had, allowed it to be a work in progress.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: surfib on 5/31/06 6:16am ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts